Friday 3rd November 2017 8:30 – 11:15
Venue: Exeter Racecourse, Kenn, Exeter EX6 7XS
Price: £45 + VAT (a discounted price of £40 + VAT will apply to Companies who have attended one of our previous workshops)
Coming into effect on 25th May 2018, GDPR will introduce a number of new data protection obligations for businesses and new rights for individuals, with severe penalties for non-compliance. To be ready it’s essential your company gets to grips with the changes and starts preparing now.
In particular we will look at:
- An overview of GDPR and what’s changing, in clear and easily understandable terms
- An understanding of the key definitions and their scope which will directly impact on you and your business
- What is consent, when is it necessary to obtain it and how to get consent right?
- Other legal bases for processing data e.g. “legitimate interests”
- The rights of individual data subjects including the new rights
- Data controllers and processors and their obligations
- How you engage with others in the supply chain e.g. suppliers, vendors and umbrella companies
- Data Protection Officers – do you need one? Their role, accountability and liability
- The different penalties for non-compliance and what the ICO will be looking for.
You’ll walk away from our workshop with a clear practical understanding of what you need to do to prepare your business and staff for GDPR. The session will include scenarios to make the topic relevant and comprehensible.
To book your place please contact email@example.com